Friday, January 6, 2006

Can't say no...

Yes, I can... they just won't listen. The university just kept asking me to do the course in different ways.

*ring*

"How about teaching a 20hr/week course?"

"Sorry, I'm really too busy."

*ring*

"How about developing and teaching a 20 hr/week course?"

"I'm really sorry, I'm quite busy and I'll be leaving mid-February."

*ring*

"How about a 20 hr/week course that you develop and teach in?"

"Heyyyyy... now you're just changing the words around!"
*ring*
“Si le preguntamos en español, ¿usted aceptaría la oferta?”

Finally, feeling like an awful person for not "helping out" and afraid to turn down all my kudos (not to mention the cash), I capitulated. So, as of today, here's a list of things I have to finish:
  1. Develop and teach remedial high-beginner course for Chinese undergrads. Starts Tuesday, found out yesterday. (20 hrs/week + prep.)
  2. Preparatory class for International EMBA student. (4 hrs/week +prep.)
  3. Private class on Case Methods (4 hrs/week + prep.)
  4. Edit, record and master documentary narration for Uighurs in Xinjiang. Part 1 is due tomorrow and Part 2 is due mid-next week. (40 hrs+)
  5. Application to NTNU, visa, passport, and other assorted preparation and packing. Most are due mid-January. (Auuuugh!)
I'm going to be waking up screaming in Taiwan, thinking I've missed some sort of deadline. Possibly I will have.

LWB

No comments:

Post a Comment