Wednesday, January 4, 2006

One step forward...

Why is it every time I prepare to go somewhere, I get offered a bunch of jobs? Every time I am going to go spend money and wean down my savings by relocating halfway across the world, I get offered a bunch of money.

Those of you who are wishing you had this problem are experiencing my feelings first hand. Jobs and money at hand make it really hard to leave especially when they seem lucrative and full of opportunity. Yet, I know if I was to stay, I would be feeling the same way I have been (read the Fly by Night lyrics, again).

While I can earn a fine living here, however, I want more than just money. I want to grow and better myself. I want to explore. Yet, as a boss of mine once said, a piece of wisdom he once was given when he was in the same position: if you're not sure exactly what you want to do... consider making some money. Sage advice.

Anyhow, now I find my workload doubled, while at the same time I'm trying to pack up and leave the country. Maybe I can't say no, especially when I know I'm not going to be earning money for a while. I'll take it for what it's worth for the time being. But the nagging question is, what if I stuck around? I always seem to be ending when things are just starting.

LWB

No comments:

Post a Comment